- Access to water mains pipe is effected by typically
digging two pits (2m x 1m)
- Sewer pipes are accessed by manholes.
- Water pipes and sewers are cleaned prior to lining
using a number of proprietary cleaning techniques including pressure jetting,
ice pigging, drag scraping, grit blasting, etc.
water pipes and sewers are lined by winching in the Aqualiner thermoplastic
composite sock. Passing a heated PIG through the sock to melt the material and
then pressurising the sock against the pipe wall using an inversion bag to form
a thin walled, structural lining.
the installation process and live
installations are available by
clicking on the links.
Joints and Connections
- For gravity sewers laterals are easily identified
on CCTV and can be cut away using standard lateral cutters. The ends of the
sewer pipes can be cut flush again using standard disc cutters.
- For water pipes house connections are made using
proprietary strap on ferrules.
- Liners are reconnected back to the water mains pipe
network using standard mechanical couplers and flange adapters.
reconnected the lined pipe is sterilised and put back into operation. The whole
process of lining, connections and sterilisation is designed to be undertaken
within a few hours.